DUO-1003 Eamiálbmot duodje- ja dáiddadiehtu
- 15 ECTS
- Course code: DUO-1003
- Course provision: The course is carried out with virtual tools and workshops.
- Instruction language: The instruction is provided in English. Assignments and exam can be given in English or Sámi language.
- Time schedule on TimeEdit
- If you have any questions regarding application for admission, the application system, admission requirements, etc., please contact the student administration, email@example.com.
The course provides the students with a perspective on indigenous cultural expressions and art in the past and the present. The way of thinking and the meaning of indigenous cultural expressions are discussed from the point of view of individual artists and different indigenous groups. The course examines the position of indigenous cultural expressions also in the context of western art in different periods and indigenous societies. In addition, the students will analyze (the connection between) indigenous cultural expressions and art in the postcolonialist critical theories and in the indigenous epistemology. The themes of the course are approached both theoretically and through students’ assignments.
The course is divided into two (2) areas of study:
1) Contemporary Sámi art and duodji.
2) The cultural expressions and art of indigenous peoples.
Higher Education Entrance Qualification. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Admission may also be gained by means of other qualifications recognized as being on a par with the Higher Education Entrance Qualification, such as recognition of prior learning and work experience.