- Call for abstracts: Landscape Practices Conference
- New student ambassadors for Sámi University of Applied Sciences in Russia
- Inga Juuso – Tribute concert: Free tickets for students at Sámi University of Applied Sciences
- Welcome to register to the online part of the Sámi Education Conference 2021
- Start of studies autumn 2021
- The application deadline for autumn semester studies 2021 has been extended!
- Call for papers: Indigenous Journalism and Self-Determination Conference 2021
- Students' access to Diehtosiida
- New covid-19 measures
New student ambassadors for Sámi University of Applied Sciences in Russia
Last autumn 5 exchange students came all the way from Yakutsk in Russia to the Sámi University of Applied Sciences in Kautokeino. They were students at the SÁÁL studies that is taught every autumm semester at the Sámi University of Applied Sciences, and amongst other things they taught Sámi language and about Sámi culture. For many of them, Kautokeino was their first meet with Europe.
On a daily basis, they are students on both bachelor's and master's level at the Folk and Traditional Arts Department at The Arctic State Institute of Culture and Arts, which is located in Eastern-Russia, and is cooperating with the Sámi University on, amongst other things, student mobility. Through their SÁÁL studies her in Kautokeino they have started to learn Sámi language and about Sámi culture, and have got new friends from all over Sápmi and other places in the world.
Student mobility gives you unique experiences
This student mobility has been an unique and exciting possibility for them to get to know more about other indigenous peoples of the North, and was made possible by the mobility program North2North. They were both excited and nervous before they left Yaktusk, seeing how Kautokeino is located about 4500 km from their home, almost on the other side of the world! But when the exchange was over, they felt like time had flied, and was sad to see it coming to an end. Before they left, they promised to be student ambassadors for the Sámi University of Applied Sciences home in Yakutsk.